(Going to miss all the fireworks...)
February in Review
Hey lovely people - How are things going with you? February has been a really fast paced month for me and now that we’ve reached March, well, lets just say I’m pretty excited/nervous.
March brings with it some really big changes for me, the biggest of which is: After four years, I’m finally leaving China for good!
And with that bombshell, here is last months recap!
February Highlights & March Plans
Writing: At last I have my head back in the game. I’m managing a nice 500 words a day and have just passed the midway point in my MG WIP. So far I’ve had some really great feedback from my lovely critique partners and I have such a good feeling about this book. Set in a boarding school, it has monsters, magic and an underlying mystery…
Reading: I’ve hit 18 out of 100 books in my Goodreads challenge, 8 of which are books by British authors. But despite only one book meeting the criteria for the fairytale retellings challenge, I’m still really happy with my progress :)
Otherwise the number of books I have on netgalley has crept up again. My “Lets stick at 5” rule has totally gone out the window. I now have 12 books to catch up on!
I Quit My Job: March 1st was officially my last day of teaching English. Now I have the rest of the year to travel, write my book, learn a language and basically hit all my 2017 goals!
Travelling: So my boyfriend and I are packing up our lovely little apartment (It’s amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in two years!) and heading off to travel. There’s a few things we want to see in China, then on March 14th he’s heading off to the Philippines, and I’m going to Japan! :)
I had thought to go back to the UK after, but now I’m considering a slight detour to Australia. I have friends in Perth, and seeing how I’m practically on their doorstep anyway, and it ticks another place off my list…. It’s a win win as far as I can see :)
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
- Black Cats And Butlers by Janine Beacham (This was super cute - Look out for my review in March)
- Smugglers Kiss by Marie-Louise Jensen
- Echoes in Death by J.D. Robb
- Barefoot in the Wind by Zoe Marriott (Really enjoyed this & it counts toward both my fairytale retellings and British Book Challenge!)
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab (Yay for this book! I finally understand why everyone gushes of V.E Schwab)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (Haven’t actually read a singe page more this month)
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E Schwab (Flying through this one)
- Moon Chosen by P.C Cast (Still plodding along with this, although finally reached 20%)
And that wraps up my Month :) What’s everyone else news? How was your February?