(The view from atop Edinburgh Castle)
August In Review
Hey guys, so as you can see I haven't been around the blog much this month. That’s because I’ve been on holiday in the UK. Lol that probably doesn't sound exciting to many of you, but since I live in China, having a month at home was pure luxury!
However it was fun seeing the UK from a non-natives view point. My boyfriend is Canadian - and this was his first trip to jolly old England. His excitement over double-decker buses aside, I think we packed everything we could into four short weeks. Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Newcastle, York, Sheffield, Durham, The Lake district… we’ve been everywhere! And I finally got to see the musical, CHICAGO too!
...But, after a very long journey (49hours!) we are now back safe and sound in China.
Books Read and Reviewed
So thanks to lots of long train/plane journeys I managed to get through so many books this month. For the first time in forever my Netgalley TBR list is empty! Wa-hey!
- The Beginning Woods by McNeill Malcolm
- Starborn by Lucy Hounsom
- The Shadowhour by Melissa Grey
- After Alice by Gregory Maguire
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
- Franklin’s Emporium by The White Lace Gloves by Gill Vickery
- The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent
- Swashbuckle Lil - The secret Pirate by Elli Willard
- Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley (Adored this - such a beautiful piece of fiction)
- The Other Alice by Michelle Harrison (Probably my favourite read this month!)
- Sweet Legacy by Tera Lynn Childs
- Seas: Wendy Darling by Colleen Oakes (A great second book)
- Forest of Ruin by Kelly Armstrong (Epic trilogy! Really loved this!)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Mass (Loved, Loved, Loved!)
The Road to Ever After by Moira Young
The Secret City by C. J. Daugherty & Carina Rozenfeld
I don’t normally watch a lot of TV or movies, but given my sixteen hour plane ride there and back again - I’ve definitely been catching up.
Pride and Prejudice Zombies - If you don't take it seriously, this is actually a pretty good movie :)
The Divergent Movies - I marathoned all four. I really enjoyed the first one, but slowly felt they went a little ‘meh’ as they progressed. Although I haven't read past the first book, I think these films are supposed to deviate a little from the plot. Good or bad, I’m not sure.
The 5th Wave - For the first thirty minutes, I thought this was amazing. Then I felt everything became too predictable. However I haven't read the book yet, and I hear its meant to be incredible.
Once Upon A Time Season 4 - I finally finished it! And loved it as I always do. Admittedly I have a bit of a weakness for this show (and a certain pirate captain!) I can’t believe its been over a year since I watched this! Time to start season 5….
And that’s about it for August. What did you guys get up too?