(Me Sky Diving in Vancouver... Don't I look fashionable)
June in Review
You’re probably wondering why I’m posting my June wrap up at the end of July—and all I can say is— I completely forgot about it! Which is a shame, because for me June was a pretty exciting and productive month.
Here are the highlights:
- I went to the cinema and saw WONDER WOMAN - which I loved. True it was a little cheesy in places, but I adored the soundtrack (It’s now my background writing music) and all in all, it was an empowering film.
- And speaking of empowering, I went SKY DIVING! A truly exhilarating experience… nothing is more freeing than throwing yourself out of a plane. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do (I'm not crazy, I promise). But a huge applause for my beloved caveman for jumping with me - no small feat considering he’s afraid of heights. He also melted my heart with a real Titanic moment of “If you jump I jump”... made slightly less romantic with his pasty, green-faced, I’m-about-to-throw-up expression.
- I HIT 68K with my Middle-Grade WIP! Although 60k was my actual word goal… however the story is still going, and going… and going! I’m not too worried because I know much will be cut during edits, but when I think about the amount of slicing and dicing I’ll need to do… Well, for now I’ve decided not to think about it!!
- I READ 11 BOOKS! As you can see, another fab reading month for me… but I’m crazy behind on reviews! However my favourite reads were Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (No contest) followed by A Court of Wing’s and Ruin by Sarah J Maas.
- This Savage Song by V.E Schwab **** (Loved!)
- Scythe by Neil Shusterman *****
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby *****
- Gilded Cage by Vic James ***
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E Schwab *****
- The Forever Court by Dave Rudden ***
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard **
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ***** (ADORED!)
- Mind Games by Kiersten White ***
- The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodbine ****
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas ***** (LOVED!)
Love & Gelato ****
Hope everyone else had a fab June. I'll be posting July's wrap up tomorrow :)
Love & Hugs