March in Review
So I spent most of March in Tokyo, and now have just arrived in sunny Australia :) As you can guess this has been an exciting month of travel, great food, so many books (Yay for reading time) but sadly… not so much writing.
So at the start of the month I officially said goodbye to China. My boyfriend and I spent several lovely (yet smoggy) days in Guangzhou, before we headed on to Hong Kong. For once we treated ourselves to an expensive hotel and made full use of the pool and spa facilities. It was awesome!
A few days later, we said our goodbyes as my boyfriend flew to the Philippines for a holiday with his family, and I flew to Japan for a holiday with my dad.
First things first, seeing my dad in Japan was priceless. It was his first time in Asia, and while it did take him a few days to learn to use chopsticks, I’m pleased to say he had the time of his life. In fact, he’s already making plans to return next year. Annual trips to Japan… I can totally live with that :)
If any of you are interested, you can see the highlights of my trip in these two posts:
Otherwise I’m just about managing to keep up with the blog! There are a lot of upcoming reviews so be sure to look out for them. Otherwise, I’m just planning to your enjoy my time in Australia. The plan is stay another 4 days in Brisbane, then me and some friends will be driving up to Sydney :)
Talk to me!
If any of my Australian readers or fellow travels could give me some shout outs of things to see and do in Brisbane or Sydney it would be much appreciated! Also… maybe a location of some great YA bookstores….
Meanwhile - Here are my book stats for the month…
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The Mystery of the Painted Dragon by Katherine Woodfine (Can’t wait to read the rest of this series)
- The Huntress: Seas by Sarah Driver
- The Night Spinner by Abi Elphinstone (Loved this series so much!)
- A Gathering of Shadows of V.E Schwab
- The Naming by Alison Croggon (The First Book of Pellinor)
- Cogheart by Peter Bunzl.
- Judged by Liz De Jager (Blackheart #3)
- The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (Tearling #3) - The ending of this killed me!
Frail Mortal Heart by Zoe Marriott
The Raven Boys by Maggie Steiefvater (Still haven't progressed any further)
And hows things with everyone else? Did you have a good March?