Wednesday, 6 September 2017

July in Review

(A sunny day in Scotland - I forgot how glorious the UK could be!)

July In Review

So today I’m posting my July wrap up (I’m a little behind on things, I know!) but my normal routine has gone completely out the window. Why? Well, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I’VE RETURNED TO ENGLAND… temporarily. 

I think I’ll be here until about October, which makes this my longest stay in about five years. As you can imagine, I’ve had a lot of catching up to do with friends and family… then there was the scary process of retrieving all of my stuff from storage. My room is currently a bed surrounded by 101 boxes of clothes, stationery (Why I have a thousand blank notebooks I will never know) and of course, books books books! It doesn't help that with me gone, my room became storage space for my parent’s things too.

So my highlights for July were:

*CLEAR OUTS! So far I’ve donated about a dozen boxes to charity, sold most of my Manga on eBay, and yet still more boxes of my stuff keep appearing from the depths of the garage. Its strange, but after living out of one 60 litre backpack for so long, I’ve become very un-materialistic. For me the rules have become simple.

  1. Clothes - If it doesn't fit, it goes. If it hasn't been worn in a year, it goes = about 3/4 of my wardrobe.
  2. Books - If they’ve been read and I wont re-read them (my feelings 98% of the time) they go. I think this stems from the fact that I HATE the idea of a perfectly good book only being read once. I truly believe a single book should be passed through as many hands as possible, which is why I adore book swaps and charity shops.
  3. Everything else - If I forgot I had it, its goes! If it has no purpose or sentimental value, it goes! If its never been used, it goes!

*MY MUM GOT ENGAGED! My mum and my soon-to-be-step-dad are finally tying the knot! They’ve only been together 17 years, and I’m so so thrilled. Although my mum has deviously planned the wedding for December 23rd. Her way of ensuring me and my boyfriend will be home for Christmas, instead of freezing our butts off in Mongolia like we had planned…

*ZERO WRITING - yep, you read that right. Not a single word has been added to my MG WIP. I have utterly failed my self-imposed deadline. However, I did hash out my query letter and half-a-synopsis (getting a little ahead of myself I know) but I’m totally in love with my query—it gives me chills (the good kind) — but first… I really have to finish the book….

And that pretty much wraps up my July. A quiet month for me compared to the rest of the year, but at least I got lots of reading done :)

How was July for the rest of you? Did you do anything exciting? And for those of you who attended YALC, know I am extremely and utterly jealous since I’m certain you had an unforgettable time!

Books Read:

  1. Hunted by Meagan Spooner *****
  2. Avenged by Amy Tintera **
  3. Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes ***
  4. Immortal Fire by Annette Marie ***** (This shall live on my shelves and be worshipped forever!)
  5. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordon ****
  6. The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey ****
  7. Blood Red Road by Moria Young ***
  8. Hollow Pike by James Dawnson ****
  9. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern ****
  10. Our Dark Duet by V.E Schwab **** (Beautiful but bittersweet!)

POSTS


And that’s a wrap. And yes, I am totally ashamed by my lack of posting… I’m heading off now to catch up on some long over due reviews!

Love and Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds hectic! Congrats to your mum though. I actually loooove clearing stuff out. It's one of my favourite things to do (I clear books off my shelves every 6 weeks or so!) It's very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely trying to be more minimalistic - however I have just cant get rid of books I haven't read! I always think, one day....

      Delete