(Vancouver at sunset)
April in Review
Hey everyone, hope you all had a fantastic April! Mine has been full of reading, writing, sighting seeing and a crazy amount of jumping timezones. I am exhausted!
Here are this months highlights:
- TWO WEEKS IN AUSTRALIA where I got to catch up with some friends, make a bunch of new ones. Plus I got to spend some well deserved down time reading by my aunty’s pool.
- GROUNDHOG DAY? So I left Australia at 10am on Wednesdays the 12th of April… and I arrived in Canada at 7am on Wednesday the 12th of April. I hereby declare myself an official time traveller! I got to live the 12th of April 2017 TWICE! And yes that included two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners… and the consumption of so many cups of coffee that I lost count!
- VANCOUVER TAKE 2! Back in March I said goodbye to my boyfriend in Hong Kong airport with plans to reunite with him in August. Due to some surreal but tragic, TV show style dramas with his younger siblings… I’ve arrived a little early. But its awesome to be back!
- FALLING BACK IN LOVE - and no, I’m not talking about my boyfriend, but my middle grade WIP. It’s been over a month since I gave it proper attention, but reading it over yesterday has made my heart race and my fingers itch to get back on the keyboard. Lol, it's also much better than I remember.
- RE-DISCOVRING LIBRARIES! After four years of travelling foreign lands I’ve come to rely so much on my kindle. Yet now, back in an English speaking country I’m making great use of my boyfriends library card. I forgot how awesome it is to HOLD an actual book. So much so that I lost control and spent almost three hours walking around the shelves… and I came home with ten books! I’ve already read them all…
- READING. Thanks to long plane rides, cyclones and hours and hours of queues (be it through customs, immigration, traffic or just line ups to get into a restaurant!) along with a couple of days by the pool, I have managed to sneak in so much reading this month. A total of ten books - and some of them weren't so skinny either! Although now I want to challenge myself to try for eleven next month lol
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard ****
- Frail Human Heart by Zoe Marriott ****
- The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury ****
- Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard ***
- The Lost Property Office by James. R. Hannibal ****
- The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein ***
- Frogkisser by Garth Nix ***** (I loved this one so much!)
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski ***
- And I Darken by Kirsten White ***
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir ****
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I got a physical copy from the library so hopefully that will push me to finish it
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - I’ve been putting it off for awhile but to quote the Lion King - “IT IS TIME!”
And that’s it for this month? How is life treating the rest of you? Tell me everything.