Monday, 3 April 2017

March in Review



March in Review

So I spent most of March in Tokyo, and now have just arrived in sunny Australia :) As you can guess this has been an exciting month of travel, great food, so many books (Yay for reading time) but sadly… not so much writing.

So at the start of the month I officially said goodbye to China. My boyfriend and I spent several lovely (yet smoggy) days in Guangzhou, before we headed on to Hong Kong. For once we treated ourselves to an expensive hotel and made full use of the pool and spa facilities. It was awesome!

A few days later, we said our goodbyes as my boyfriend flew to the Philippines for a holiday with his family, and I flew to Japan for a holiday with my dad.

First things first, seeing my dad in Japan was priceless. It was his first time in Asia, and while it did take him a few days to learn to use chopsticks, I’m pleased to say he had the time of his life. In fact, he’s already making plans to return next year. Annual trips to Japan… I can totally live with that :)

If any of you are interested, you can see the highlights of my trip in these two posts:


Otherwise I’m just about managing to keep up with the blog! There are a lot of upcoming reviews so be sure to look out for them. Otherwise, I’m just planning to your enjoy my time in Australia. The plan is stay another 4 days in Brisbane, then me and some friends will be driving up to Sydney :)

Talk to me!

If any of my Australian readers or fellow travels could give me some shout outs of things to see and do in Brisbane or Sydney it would be much appreciated! Also… maybe a location of some great YA bookstores….

Meanwhile - Here are my book stats for the month…


Books Read
  1. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
  2. The Mystery of the Painted Dragon by Katherine Woodfine (Can’t wait to read the rest of this series)
  3. The Huntress: Seas by Sarah Driver 
  4. The Night Spinner by Abi Elphinstone  (Loved this series so much!)
  5. A Gathering of Shadows of V.E Schwab
  6. The Naming by Alison Croggon (The First Book of Pellinor) 
  7. Cogheart by Peter Bunzl.
  8. Judged  by Liz De Jager (Blackheart #3)
  9. The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (Tearling #3) - The ending of this killed me!

Review Posts


Currently Reading:

Frail Mortal Heart by Zoe Marriott
The Raven Boys by Maggie Steiefvater (Still haven't progressed any further)


And hows things with everyone else? Did you have a good March?


4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'd love to visit Japan once in my lifetime. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get a chance to - Japan is such a magical place... and there are loads of good English, second hand book shops too :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy but very enjoyable month! So glad you had a great time :) Hotel, pool, and spa all sound AMAZING!

    WOW you read a lot of books! Good for you!

    Have a lovely rest of the week :) <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely an awesome month! So much travel and reading - its fun, but a little exhausting. Looking forward to coming home now :)

      Delete