January in Review
This month has really flown by - and if January is anything to go by - it’s shaping up to be a pretty good year for me so far.
Here are this months highlights:
- I spent ten days in Indonesia, which was amazing! Look out for my post on Indonesia's highlights later on in the month.
- Winter Camp. Because of Chinese New Year my school held a week long camp of activities. It was really fun, but its finally hit home how much I’m going to miss all my students when I leave at the end of February.
- A huge embarrassment - Stationary, instead of Stationery. As many of you pointed out last month, I spelled the title of my giveaway wrong. Big oops! So much for being an English teacher lol.
- Booked my next trip :) On March 14th I will be meeting my dear old dad in Japan, my FAVOURITE place in the world.
- Clear Out - Since I’ll soon be returning to England, I’m slowly giving/ throwing/ mourning over all my things. I've had a very cutthroat approach so far, but its amazing what you can accumulate over a couple of years.
Books Read and Reviewed
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Lorali by Laura Dockrill
- Unbecoming by Jenny Downham
- Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott (Loved!)
- Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott (Loved!)
- Dark Tempest by Annette Marie (Loved Loved!)
- What not to do if you turn Invisible by Ross Welford
- Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder (So sad this series is over!)
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (Amazing!)
- Black Cats and Butlers by Janine Beacham (Super Cute!)
- Moon Chosen by P.C Cast (5 Chapters now - still very slow going!)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (Still enjoying, but haven't progressed much further)
- Smugglers Kiss by Marie-Louise Jensen
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by JK Rowling (Just fancied a re-read)
And that wraps up my month - How was January for the rest of you?
Did you hit your reading goals? Get any writing done (I totally didn’t... hang’s head in shame) or travel anywhere new? Let me know in the comments.