Sunday, 5 February 2017

January in Review

(Turtle Beach in Guang Teng Indonesia)

January in Review

This month has really flown by - and if January is anything to go by - it’s shaping up to be a pretty good year for me so far.

Here are this months highlights:

  • I spent ten days in Indonesia, which was amazing! Look out for my post on Indonesia's highlights later on in the month.

  • Winter Camp. Because of Chinese New Year my school held a week long camp of activities. It was really fun, but its finally hit home how much I’m going to miss all my students when I leave at the end of February. 

  • A huge embarrassment - Stationary, instead of Stationery. As many of you pointed out last month, I spelled the title of my giveaway wrong. Big oops! So much for being an English teacher lol.

  • Booked my next trip :) On March 14th I will be meeting my dear old dad in Japan, my FAVOURITE place in the world. 

  • Clear Out - Since I’ll soon be returning to England, I’m slowly giving/ throwing/ mourning over all my things. I've had a very cutthroat approach so far, but its amazing what you can accumulate over a couple of years.

Books Read and Reviewed

  1. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi 
  2. The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
  3. Lorali by Laura Dockrill
  4. Unbecoming by Jenny Downham 
  5. Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott (Loved!)
  6. Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott (Loved!)
  7. Dark Tempest by Annette Marie (Loved Loved!)
  8. What not to do if you turn Invisible by Ross Welford
  9. Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder (So sad this series is over!)
  10. Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (Amazing!)
  11. Black Cats and Butlers by Janine Beacham (Super Cute!)

Currently Reading:

  • Moon Chosen by P.C Cast (5 Chapters now - still very slow going!)
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (Still enjoying, but haven't progressed much further)
  • Smugglers Kiss by Marie-Louise Jensen
  • Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by JK Rowling (Just fancied a re-read)


And that wraps up my month - How was January for the rest of you?

 Did you hit your reading goals? Get any writing done (I totally didn’t... hang’s head in shame) or travel anywhere new? Let me know in the comments.


12 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so glad you had a great month! I hope Feb is the same :)
    Happy reading, enjoy those books! That's also a nice lot you read; I REALLY need to start the Dawn Study series!

    Here's my Monthly Wrap-Up

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And yes - you should read the Soul Finder series asap - its amazing!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah!
    How cool is that you're going to Japan. That is amazing! :D
    Don't worry if you spelled the title wrong. That can happen' to everyone. Good thing there's an edit option! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - edit options are good :) And I'm really excited about Japan - this is the third year in a row I've gone now. Think I'm going to make this a yearly thing :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh you're going to Japan. That's so exciting. I love the Study series even though I'm only halfway through. I've been meaning to start The Raven Boys and Smugglers Kiss for the longest time. Tell me how you think of them :D I've recently reread Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily, thanks for stopping by. And yeah I'm really excited about Japan :) And so far I'm really enjoying both The Raven Boys and Smugglers Kiss. I'll be sure to post a review when I'm done :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhh you travel a lot! :D I'm so glad you had a good time in Indonesia and can't wait to see the highlight post. You also read a lot of books haha anywayyy have fun in Japan! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - yes I really do like travelling. And luckily long train/plane/bus rides offer up some quality reading time. Although my favourite place to read is a hammock on a beach - thats has happened for a while though lol. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Ten days in Indonesia!!! That sounds AWESOME!!! :) I want to go there to visit some people but just haven't made it yet. Hopefully one day!

    I didn't read your review of Star-Touched because I want to read that one myself soon and don't want preconceptions.

    I read and loved Dawn Study and I'm planning on Alwyn Hamilton's books soon too!

    I want to try a PC Cast but just haven't got there yet and I need to try a Stiefvater - I can't believe I haven't managed to schedule in a single book of hers yet. Oops!

    I hope you're having a good and as exciting February, bookish and otherwise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good February so far :) Already planning my next travels so that's exciting. And I hope you enjoy The Star Touched Queen - there are so many things I liked about that book.

      But there always seems to be more books than time - but I hope you get to read everything you want to this month. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I would LOVE to go to Japan. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber - I'm sure I will since I've already been twice before :) Its easily my favourite count.

      Delete