Tuesday, 3 January 2017

December in Review

(School xmas show)

December in Review

Can you believe 2016 is over? I totally can’t. But welcome 2017! I hope it will be a fabulous year of books, travel and happy times for all of you!

So what have I been up too this month? Well here are the highlights:


  • My School had their Christmas show - me and the other English teachers preformed a (not so simple) YMCA dance to an audience of 400 Chinese parents and students. So much fun!

  • Boxing - I’ve discovered sparring with my boyfriend in the gym is very therapeutic! A couple of bruises aside, we’ve decided it isn't spousal abuse so long as its in a public place lol. Plus its a great way to get fit and learn self-defence :)

  • Advent calendars are amazing! A small piece of cadburys every day definitely keeps the doctor away :) I think this is the first winter in China that neither me nor my boyfriend have been sick so thanks mum!

  • I added another 5K to my WIP totalling 30K :) This means I am officially halfway done my first draft.

  • My blog now has a header :) So I finally discovered pic-monkey and made myself a simple (but I think pretty) header that I hope makes my blog look a bit more homey :) Let me know what you guys think.

  • Baking! So much baking - Brownies, Banana Bread, Cheese Biscuits, but mostly I’ve been experimenting with fairy cakes and various combinations of jam, peanut butter and chocolate filing :) There was only a couple of volcanic explosions!


Books Read and Reviewed


Currently Reading:

  • Unbecoming by Jenny Downham (nearly finished and loving it!)
  • Moon Chosen by P.C Cast (In one month I have made it 3 chapters - very slow going!)
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (really enjoying this so far)

Other Posts:

End of Year Wrap Ups

  • Goodreads 2016  Challenge - 80 out of 150 books. Not my best year, however since most of the books I did read were 4stars + I’m very satisfied with the books I did get to read!

  • British Books Challenge - 14 British books in total, most of which I snuck it last month in an effort to meet the 12 book requirement. Success… although not quite the 25 I had pledged lol

  • Travelled to 5 Countries (6 if you count 2 half day lay-overs in Dubai!) — China, Hong Kong, Japan, England and Cambodia!

  • Lost 4Kilos :) Which makes moving back to England in March so SCARY! You know, because I will have full and unlimited access to chocolate, biscuits, cheese and everything else that makes English food awesome!

Otherwise how was everyones else December? I hope it was a fun filled and snuggly as mine :)


18 comments:

  1. WOW looks like you had a very busy month! And congrats for boxing, that's awesome! Lol.
    I also love baking, so I can totally relate to your enthusiasm. I love anything with peanut butter, and those combinations sound amazing. Enjoy!
    And I LOVE your blog header, it's so pretty! I love grey and purple together :)
    Congrats for being halfway through your first draft! That's brilliant.
    Hope you have a wonderful 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I like my header too. I had such fun making it :) And even though we are in January I just cant stop baking... Its probably a good thing I'm boxing so much lol. All the best for 2017!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Looks like you had a great December. Boxing classes sound awesome :) And looking forward to your thoughts on The Raven Boys ;) Hope you'll have an amazing 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey :) I really am enjoying the Raven Boys, its not at all like I thought it would be, which so far seems to be a good thing lol. Happy new year!

      Delete
  3. So did you do a sort of year teaching abroad thing? That sounds super fun! And boxing is hard. Like...way harder than I thought. But then, I have 0 upper body strength and don't like being hit by things lolol

    And omg Cadbury chocolate is THE BEST and I just don't understand Americans going on and on about Hershey's, because it's shit really. HOW CAN WE BE PROUD OF THIS CHOCOLATE??? I think it's because they bribed us with a big theme park.

    In any case it sounds like you had a great year - here's to another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... when I came to China in 2013 it was meant to be one year teaching in thing, but it seems to have turned into a four year teaching thing lol. The travel bug is addicting! But definitely missing the chocolate - which is why this year I'll be leaving China for good... at least I think thats the plan lol

      Delete
  4. I can't believe it's 2017, but it's here! ;) It sounds like you had a nice December and a wonderful 2016 overall, really. I love that you discovered boxing with your boyfriend.
    I hope you're continuing to enjoy The Raven Boys...it's on my list to read in 2017.
    Anyway, happy new year and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - and happy new year to you too! 2016 was certainly a fun year for me - I'm hoping this year will have a few more adventures in it though... as well as more great books :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a good December!! I love to bake and it's so rewarding when something you made comes out right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking is definitely satisfying - and it makes my house smell lovely lol

      Delete
  6. Boxing sounds so neat and I have been baking a lot too!! I really love The Raven Boys so I'm excited you're reading that and I'm also glad Unbecoming is going so well for you since it's on my TBR. And wow, so many countries! Cambodia and Japan are definitely on my bucket list--someday! Fantastic post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished unbecoming - and while it was a little longwinded - there were some really beautiful parts to it. And definitely check out Japan and Cambodia - they are amazing places to visit, so rich in history and culture! Plus they have pretty nice weather too :)

      Delete
  7. What a cute Christmas show pic and I love your new header! Here is to hoping 2017 is filled with lots of happiness and great new books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) Happy new year to you to :)

      Delete
  8. It sounds like you've had a great December! It also seems like you've read a lot of amazing books this month, considering all the new favorites!!
    I'm getting hungry, reading about your baking :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - and yeah I'm really impressed with the reading I managed. If only every month could be so good! Happy new year!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a fun event... and also remind me not to get in a fight with you... ;) I also like your header. Looks like you had a good December! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, and Happy New Year to you too! The christmas show was awesome... I'm just sad I can't upload some of the videos

      Delete