(School xmas show)
December in Review
Can you believe 2016 is over? I totally can’t. But welcome 2017! I hope it will be a fabulous year of books, travel and happy times for all of you!
So what have I been up too this month? Well here are the highlights:
- My School had their Christmas show - me and the other English teachers preformed a (not so simple) YMCA dance to an audience of 400 Chinese parents and students. So much fun!
- Boxing - I’ve discovered sparring with my boyfriend in the gym is very therapeutic! A couple of bruises aside, we’ve decided it isn't spousal abuse so long as its in a public place lol. Plus its a great way to get fit and learn self-defence :)
- Advent calendars are amazing! A small piece of cadburys every day definitely keeps the doctor away :) I think this is the first winter in China that neither me nor my boyfriend have been sick so thanks mum!
- I added another 5K to my WIP totalling 30K :) This means I am officially halfway done my first draft.
- My blog now has a header :) So I finally discovered pic-monkey and made myself a simple (but I think pretty) header that I hope makes my blog look a bit more homey :) Let me know what you guys think.
- Baking! So much baking - Brownies, Banana Bread, Cheese Biscuits, but mostly I’ve been experimenting with fairy cakes and various combinations of jam, peanut butter and chocolate filing :) There was only a couple of volcanic explosions!
Books Read and Reviewed
- The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis - 5 Stars! (Favourite!)
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard - 4 stars!
- The Star Touched Queen by Chokshi Roshani - 3 Stars!
- Red Winter by Annette Marie - 5 Stars! (2016 Favourite)
- Sabriel by Garth Nix - 4 stars!
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - 3 stars!
- The Road to Ever After by Moria Young - 3 stars!
- Lorali by Laura Dockrill - 4 stars!
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling - 3 stars!
- Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve - 3 stars!
- The Shadowkeeper by Abi Elphinstone - 5 stars! (Favourite!)
- Unbecoming by Jenny Downham (nearly finished and loving it!)
- Moon Chosen by P.C Cast (In one month I have made it 3 chapters - very slow going!)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (really enjoying this so far)
End of Year Wrap Ups
- Goodreads 2016 Challenge - 80 out of 150 books. Not my best year, however since most of the books I did read were 4stars + I’m very satisfied with the books I did get to read!
- British Books Challenge - 14 British books in total, most of which I snuck it last month in an effort to meet the 12 book requirement. Success… although not quite the 25 I had pledged lol
- Travelled to 5 Countries (6 if you count 2 half day lay-overs in Dubai!) — China, Hong Kong, Japan, England and Cambodia!
- Lost 4Kilos :) Which makes moving back to England in March so SCARY! You know, because I will have full and unlimited access to chocolate, biscuits, cheese and everything else that makes English food awesome!
Otherwise how was everyones else December? I hope it was a fun filled and snuggly as mine :)