Monday, 1 August 2016

July Wrap Up 2016


(Walking the dog around Scotland)

July Wrap Up

So that’s it! Another month over. Can you believe it’s August already?

And I’m finally on holiday! I have a whole month in ENGLAND!  Well, actually only 3 weeks left from tomorrow but shh, not thinking about that just yet.

… but I can’t stop eating food. English food is glorious! Cadbury’s, cakes, cups of tea ten times a day, life here is so good.

Fresh air however, is killing me. It’s amazing, but lung searing! Yet I'm enjoying every minute of being home.

Anyway, here is last months catchups. 

Books Read June & July:


As you can see I actually got quite a bit of reading done last month. However The Otherlife by Julia Gray was by far my favourite. 

Otherwise I’m currently reading 3 other books right now. They are:

  • The Beginning Woods by Malcolm McNeill
  • Forests of Ruin by Kelly Armstrong
  • Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley

I’m enjoying all of them so far, but I think after I finish these I’m going to try picking up some more MG books. I definitely am in need of something more light hearted.

In the Kitchen

I was baking quite a lot at the beginning of last month - although I had to stop because the heat in China is ridiculous. 38 degrees! The oven is officially off until September!

  • But I did manage to whip up an Oreo Birthday cake for my caveman.
  • I made a few dozen butterfly cakes with jam and buttercream icing.
  • I also nearly burned my house down trying to make popcorn (The oil caught fire!) However after buying a new pan, the second, third and fourth attempts were all successful :)

Memorable Conversations:

In China…

My Student: Teacher, my dog just had puppies!
Me: Really?
Student: Yes, we ate them for dinner.
Me: *Deadpans* …. Oh. That’s nice.

Me: My knees look so scabby.
5 Year old student: NO! Teacher has beautiful princess knees.
Me: *Sob* I love you.


Place’s I’ve been…

Dubai Airport - we had an eight hour stop over and it’s a pretty airport, but hard to find a good place to sleep.

Beamish - This is an open air museum close to where we live. My parents took me and the boyfriend here. Although my poor Canadian Caveman just can’t master the Geordie language.

Wedding Dress shopping  (yes, that counts as a place). So my best friend is getting married next year so we did the ritual dress shopping day which was awesome. 

And that’s it. How was your month?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Huge sadness. Although when conversation started, I was not expecting it to turn out like that...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're having a lovely time in England. Hope the next three weeks are as good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. I'm having such a fantastic time but its going way too quickly!

      Delete
  3. I definitely did not travel as much as you did. Haha! Enjoy your three weeks of vacation! I have two days of comp time and I'm dying to decide what to do with it.

    Looks like the Shadow Hour was a winner for you, I can't wait to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow Hour is such a fab book! Definitely one to read on your days off, you don't want any interruptions lol

    ReplyDelete