Tuesday, 1 March 2016

February - Books, Queries and Cambodia

February - Books, Queries and Cambodia


(Angkor Temple 2016)

Hey all - so February has been a pretty awesome month for me. I had a fantastic ten days in Cambodia which I have to say, is one of the nicest countries I have been to yet. It had the beauty of Thailand, better souvenirs that Vietnam, more temples and statues than Sri Lanka, and fresh air that China can only dream of. And stranger yet, no one tried to swindle us - the people of Cambodia are lovely! 


(Rabbit Island - Kep 2016)

So between sightseeing and beach lounging, I also managed to get lots of reading done! Look out next month for the reviews. 

Books Read

Time Travelling with a Hamster by Ross Welford - Loved this! 
Demon Road by Derek Landy
Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden
Chosen by Lucy Coats
Queen of Always by Sherry D Ficklin 
The Secret Life of Daisy Fitzjohn by Tania Unsworth
The Captive Prince Part 1 by C.S Pact


(Angkor Temple 2016)

On top of reading, I am also now 2/3 of the way through editing my own YA novel - and after a tortuous three months or writing and re-writing my query letter, I think its done. Now to add some spit and polish to the dreaded synopsis and I can finally begin querying agents! Cross your fingers for me.

Other News

I tried making chocolate and peanut-butter brownies - and they are the best thing ever!
I hit my weight goal at the gym (Hence the Brownie Reward)
I got a pay rise at work - yay!
I also got shortlisted in a photography competition :)


So all in all, February has been a good month :) How about everyone else?


No comments:

Post a Comment