Monday, 20 August 2012

An Apology, a Competition (UK) and a New Meme!



The Apology
Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been around for awhile. I have no excuse really, just everyday life getting in the way of me and my blogging (I knew getting a job and joining the real world was a bad idea!) lol. Anyway I have plenty of reviews scheduled for the next few weeks and if you scroll down a little further, you’ll see I also have a competition and new meme planned too!

The Competition… (UK ONLY)
As some of you may already know, on the 2nd August 2012 Vintage Classics (an imprint of Random House Publishers) launched its new Classics range which currently consists of twenty fabulous Children’s titles – including some of my all time favourites such as Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, The Secret Garden and Treasure Island.
I highly recommend you check out the Vintage Classic’s website HERE, along with their new interactive website - worldofstories.co.uk – where kids of all ages can find quizzes, downloads and extra material on all your favourite, much loved characters.
Anyway to celebrate the launch of this new classics range, the lovely people over at Vintage have offered to giveaway a copy of E. Nesbit’s The Railway Children and Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden to one lucky winner.
To enter all you have to do is click on the link below and fill in the rafflecopter. You also need to have a UK mailing address. A winner will be picked and announced on the 2nd of July. Good Luck!


The Meme!
Ok, so I’ve decided to run my own meme which I’m calling “Book-On-Board” - A new meme that will run once a month and feature the places and countries I want to visit, along with some of the amazing works of fiction that can take you there for free… at least until you save the money to venture their yourself! What do you guys think? Good idea?
Also I’m totally rubbish at creating logos and things (as you can probably see) so if anyone wants to volunteer to create one for me (hint hint) I would be that persons best friend forever! However until then you will all have to make do with my meagre creative skills J Anyway I’ll have the first post up this coming Friday and it will feature one of the places I’m most eager to see… JAPAN – land of the rising sun! Look out for it!
Later xXx

1 comment:

  1. Your creative skills look good to me. Hope you job and the real world are going well!

    ReplyDelete