Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Starcrossed - Book Review


Starcrossed – Book Review
Josephine Angelini
YA Fantasy Romance
When shy awkward Helen Hamilton meets Lucas Delos she thinks two things: the first, that he is the most ridiculously beautiful boy she has ever seen in her life; the second, that she wants to kill him with her bare hands.
An ancient curse means Lucas and Helen are destined to loathe one another. But sometimes love is stronger than hate, and not even the Gods themselves can prevent what will happen next…
For me Starcrossed was very much an impulse buy. After hearing the title mentioned a lot on other blogs, usually followed by the words GO BUY IT NOW, I have to admit I was curious. In the end I snagged myself copy of it at the airport about five minutes before my plane left, despite knowing almost nothing about it other than it had a nice, velvety feeling cover :)
Anyway it was a long flight, it was a long book and I’m happy to say, I was not disappointed. Filled with themes of self-discovery and forbidden love, all wrapped around a centuries old feud brought about by amazing characters that were inspired by Homers Iliad and the Trojan War, Starcrossed was a book I literally had to be torn away from. It also added a whole new twist to how I looked at Greek history.
Having me completely gripped from the first chapter, Josephine Angelini has written a compelling debut novel that takes an ancient story and throws it straight into the modern world where it comes out, better, shiner and filled with teen loving goodness. With elements of romance, humour and drama Starcrossed delivers the full package.
Invigorating, fast paced and incidentally – educational to anyone who’s not familiar with Greek Myths and Literature – It is a truly a fantastic book that everyone would enjoy. Totally 5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a brilliant book, I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Starcrossed, i cannot emphasis of how much i love it. all i have got to say is Josephine Anjelini is definitely the most talented author in the world, no joke, she is god damn amaaaaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!!! Starcrossed is so good i have read it 10 TIMES, again no joke. p.s Lucas is the most hottest character i have ever seen, even better than Edward and Jacob!!! Josephine Anjelini, if you bu chance happen to read this, note that your awesome-
    I LOVE YOU, number 1 fan, you have to write at least another 3 books in this extraordinary saga!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete