Saturday, 6 August 2011

Everlasting - Book review


Everlasting – Book Review
Alyson Noel
YA Paranormal Romance
Ever and Damen have loved and lost each other for hundreds of years –facing deadly enemies, dark secrets and a powerful curse. Now their love will be tested to its limit.
Ever and Damen finally have the chance to discover their true destiny. The choice they’re about to make will unite them – or tear them apart – forever…
Ah the Immortals series… I have to admit I wasn’t a huge fan but I was captivated by the ideas Alyson noel laid down of soul mates and reincarnated love. Also despite some odd little niggles, I really did enjoy this last book.
Moving at what felt like a slower pace compared to the other books in the series, Everlasting was a story of ultimate love, sacrifice and choices. Also for the first time the main character Ever seemed to make the right decisions and after journeying through five books with her, it was nice to see how much she had grown and changed as a person. Going from the insecure, lonely girl in book one to the confident, smart young woman she was meant to be.

Unfortunately though, it was Damen’s character that I didn’t care much for. I preferred his sexy, charming guy persona in the first book to the heavily brooding, somewhat boring guy he turned into by book six. Although I did like that his love for Ever never changed or wavered - which led to some really romantic and ‘aww’ moments in the end - I would have liked to have seen some more of the old flirty Damen back, you remember, the one who wore his leather jackets and handmade Italian leather motorcycle boots, (That’s the Damen everyone fell in love with).
Yet overall I still think the fans of the books are going to love everlasting. It was a perfect and somewhat surprising end to Alyson noels popular series, The Immortals. Now I’m looking forward to see what she will be writing next.

2 comments:

  1. Heyy, I meant to go through my comments properly a little sooner but I'm slow :) Thanks for entering my contest! Following you now.

    Once Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sarah!

    I found you through the blog "A Little Sun Shy"! And I must say, I'm very glad I did, because you have a very lovely blog!! Snd the title is so poetic... I'm now following you, by the way.

    I also enjoyed your review of "Everlasting". Nice insights!! I have the first book in the series, which I started about two years ago, and never finished...Gotta go back and get it completely read!

    Come check out my blog!

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete