Saturday, 23 July 2011

Mortal Kiss - Book Review


Mortal Kiss - Book Review
Alice Moss
YA Paranormal Romance

How much would you sacrifice for just one kiss?

When smouldering Finn and sexy Lucas arrive in Winter Mill life starts to get very complicated for Faye MaCarron. But two boys battling for her heart is just the start; events in town are turning sinister. There is a dead body in the woods, a motorcycle gang on the prowl, and the snow just won't stop falling.

Something Evil is at work and only Faye and best friend Liz can stop it. As the temperature drops and the nights draw in towards Halloween, they must uncover the dark secret at the heart of Winter Mill - before it's too late.

Like many Y/A books out in the market today Mortal Kiss contained all the elements of a great story as well as the familiar plotlines of tangled romance, forbidden friendships and ancient evils. However what really intrigued me was how Alice Moss seemed to find newer and more diverse ways of approaching them.

I particularly liked her new spin on werewolves and although the book began slowly I steadily found myself becoming more and more drawn in until the next thing I knew the story was finished. This left me disappointed for two reasons. One, because the story was finished and two, because I felt that a lot of questions had remained unanswered.

This of course makes me really interested to read the sequel, Fool's Silver (5th of Jan 2012) as I think Mortal Kiss needed a little more detail and back-story which hopefully Fool's Silver will contain.

Also while I enjoyed the book I personally felt that the story was aimed more at younger teens (11-14 year olds maybe) as a lot of emphasis was put on clothes, make-up and parties. Continually the romance moved to fast for my liking but apart from that it was a good read. I would have to recommend it to any younger teen who loves paranormal romance and unexpected plot twists.

First featured on stardolls.com Mortal Kiss was published January 6th 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment